"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13 & 14
I am so ready for a brand new year! I've made a list of things that I'm going to try to do in 2014. I'm not going to share my whole list with you, but here are seven of my goals:
1. Spend more time in the Bible. I do my best to read God's word every day, but I don't always take the time to meditate on it and apply it to my life. I'm going to dig a little deeper this year.
2. Get rid of a lot of our stuff. We have too many things that we don't need or use. I've got a huge project planned to declutter our home, and I'll be doing a series of posts to track my progress.
3. Make more memories. Our family spends a lot of time together, but I have to admit that I'm not that creative when it comes to planning memorable moments. The kids are growing up quickly, and we only have a few years left with them at home. I've already started compiling a list of memory-making things for us to do together this year.
4. Encourage my family to eat quality food. I've gradually been getting away from eating processed foods myself, but it's a bit more challenging to get the kids to make healthy choices. We've already made some improvements with what they take to school for lunch each day, but I'm hoping to see them make better choices during those times when they are choosing their own food.
5. Step outside of my comfort zone. I always get nervous when I have to speak or sing in public or deal with a person about a difficult situation, so sometimes I shrink back from doing things that I really need to do. The Lord has been dealing with me in this area of my life, and I know that He will give me the confidence and peace I need.
6. Blog more. I've gotten really lazy with my posts over the last few years and have neglected to document chunks of our family's life. I've got a plan for this, too.
7. Take more photos--and actually get some of them developed. I take pictures and then keep them stored digitally. I think I will really enjoy getting more developed and holding the actual photos in my hand or framing them.
These are just a few things that I'm going to be working on in 2014. What goals do you have for the coming year?
Labels: Goals, My Thoughts, Projects