I'm linking up with Susanne to share a few of the bright spots from the past week. Feel free to join in!
1. We went to a family reunion last weekend for my day's side of the family. My aunt welcomed about fifty family members into her home. All of my cousins, some I hadn't seen in twenty-five years, were present, along with their grown children. I got to hang out with my sisters and one of my brothers. My dad and his wife were able to come, too. We had a fabulous time catching up with family.
2. Steven took me out to eat one night this week, and we shared a yummy brownie sundae for dessert. I just about made myself sick.
3. I didn't do one bit of labor on Labor Day. I spent the entire day reading and was able to finish three books. It's amazing how time flies by when I'm reading.
4. After a few months of laziness, I've finally started back walking two miles a day. Most days I walk very early in the morning before it gets too hot outside. It's too dark to see pretty flowers in the early hours, but I spotted these when I took the dog for a walk one evening.
5. Someone at church gave us a Parcheesi game. I hadn't played in years, and it was completely new to the kids. Hope and Bryn played with me last night after they finished their homework. Guess who won? Me! Bryn came in a close second. Playing a board game together was a great way to end the day.