We've had a jam-packed week around here, so I'm posting my favorites a day late.You can link up and share the bright spots of your week at Susanne's.
1. Hope had her first salon pedicure. She sat in the massage chair and read a book while the tech did her toes. Hope doesn't like the color pink, so she chose a color that turned out really cute with some zebra stripes.
2. I found a great way to avoid stress. For the first time ever, I did probably 90% of our back-to-school shopping online. I spent about two hours researching the best deals and then ordered everything from two different online stores. I figure that it would have taken me a full day to drive from store to store, wander the aisles, and search for everything on the supply lists. Two days later, the big brown truck brought four kids worth of school supplies to my front door. That's as easy as it gets.
3. I have actually been working in the school office every day for the last three weeks helping the office staff prepare for the upcoming school year. This week the hours were especially long, since school starts on Monday. My hubby was so good to help me out by running errands, getting the kids where they needed to be, and never complaining when I was too tired at night to fix a big meal. I am so thankful that God blessed me with a caring, loving husband who doesn't mind helping out around the house.
4. Bryn spent some time with one of her best friends. Their time together always seems to involve sweet treats, and this particular night it included a trip to DQ. I'm glad that she has Christian friends to grow up with.
5. Shay and I went to a concert with some friends to see three of my favorite Christian musicians perform. One of these friends, who so graciously provided us the tickets, was a member of the backup performance choir. The "Big Three" concert featured Sandi Patty, Larnelle Harris, and Dino. I grew up listening to these amazingly talented artists back in the 80's and early 90's, so it was a real blast to watch them perform with Shay sitting next to me listening to those songs I remover so well. We had VIP seats on the 5th row and had a photo-op backstage during the intermission. Shay was able to purchase an out of print book of Dino's best-known compositions. It was a fabulous night!
That's a glimpse at my week. I hope you had a good week, too.
Labels: Friday's Favorites