We've had a good week. It seemed to just fly by. I'll be spending the weekend getting Hope and Bryn packed for a week at camp. Here are five of my favorites from this week:
1. Today is Flag Day in the U.S., which commemorates the adoption of our flag in 1777 by the Second Continental Congress. Many of the homes in our neighborhood will have their American flags flying today. I love to see Old Glory wave! When I look at the flag, I think of patriotism, freedom, sacrifice, and triumph. Today is also the birthday of the U.S. Army.
2. More rain. I think it's rained every afternoon this week, but I'm definitely not complaining. The grass looks so green, and I'm thankful for a bit of relief from the heat. It's been in the low 90's the last few days. Whew!
3. We went to the park on Wednesday. I'm going to try to plan a park/library day each week during the summer. We'll have to go early enough to beat the heat.
4. Fresh, seedless watermelon - delicious!
5. Steven and I had a date at one of our favorite restaurants and ordered a yummy brownie sundae for dessert. It was HUGE, but we didn't have any trouble devouring it. Who cares about calories? (Maybe that's why I've had a hard time fitting into my skirts lately.)
You can link up and share your favorites from the week here.
Labels: Friday's Favorites