It was pretty quiet at my house this week. The girls were all at our church's youth camp. Hope and Bryn were campers, and Shay was a junior counselor. Case was happy to have the house (and all the ice cream in the freezer) to himself. Here are five of my favorites from the week.
1. I'm thankful that the girls had a great week at camp. They made lots of fun memories and came home spiritually encouraged. Hope had a little incident one day during the tube pull and slightly imbedded her braces in her cheek for a minute, but she's a tough cookie and is doing fine now. Bug bites and sunburn are all part of the experience. I'm also thankful for the volunteers who help make our camp such a great one.
2. Peace and quiet. I missed the girls, but they are NOISY!
3. A trip to the salon. There's nothing like a good color and cut to brighten your week.
3. Date night involved filet, lobster, and a sweet potato. A bit of a splurge, but it was worth it.
4. It rained just about every day this week. Some parts of the country have had severe storms, but we've been blessed. One morning it was already 81 degrees when I got up at 5:30. The evening showers cool things off just a tiny bit.
5. I had time to tackle a few projects this week. The three girls share a bedroom and a closet. The closet is a monster. It gives me nightmares. I save everything and pass it down to the next girl. The girls don't wear a lot of the clothes in the closet because they can't even see what's in there. I took everything out, sorted it, and then put back in the essentials. I have five huge trash bags filled with clothes and shoes to donate to the local thrift shop on my next trip to town. After removing all the excess, they each still have plenty to wear. Here are before and after pictures.
Now that I can see the floor in the girls' room, I'm off to shampoo the carpet. I hope you all have a great weekend! You can link up with Susanne and share your favorites from the week here
Labels: Daily Life, Friday's Favorites, Keeping the Home