'Tis the Friday before Christmas...and I'm counting down a few of my favorites from this week.
1. A break from school. The kids' break starts at noon today. They are all having class Christmas parties this morning, and they are super excited about being away from their teachers until January 8.
2. Christmas musicals. Lil' Nut sang in the school choir, and Curly Girl played the hand bells in our school's program. They both did a super job!
3. No more shopping. Most of my Christmas purchases were made online this year, and the friendly man in the big brown truck brought them to my door. Yesterday I hit the mall and picked up the last few items on my shopping list. One more trip to the grocery store, and then I'm done!
4. Silly firsts. A few days ago after picking the kids up from school, I stopped at the gas station to fill up the truck. Bookworm asked, "Mom, how come you've never let me pump gas before?" I wondered the same thing, especially since it's not my favorite task. I told her that it was her lucky day! She was a little embarrassed about me walking her through the process step-by-step with cars driving by. When the pump clicked off, she jumped back and was scared that gas was going to fly everywhere. It was hilarious! After we got back in the truck she said, "That wasn't near as fun as I thought it would be." Even though she's not old enough to drive yet, it's good to know I have someone else who can do my dirty work for me.
5. Quiet evenings at home. We haven't had too many of these this month, but I love it when we do. Family time is a treasure.