Friday, November 16, 2012
Friday's Fave Five~ 11.16.12
Here are five of my faves from this week:
1. Bible preaching. Several great messages were preached during our church's fall Bible conference Sunday through Wednesday. I'm still pondering thoughts from a couple in particular. You know, we really waste so much time on the trivial things in life. It was good for me to sit in church four nights in a row and meditate on God's word.
2. Saving money. Thanks to pleasant temperatures so far this month, I think we've only had to run the a/c one day. That makes a HUGE difference in our electric bill.
3. Smart kiddos. All four of the kids made the 1st quarter Honor Roll at school. The girls all made straight A's, and Case made all A's & B's. They have all worked hard, and I haven't had to hound them.
4. Clean carpet. We've lived in our house for four years, and we've never had the carpets steam cleaned. The carpet is very light colored, so you can imagine what it looks like with six people and a dog tracking all over it. After doing a ton of research and waiting until I had a 30% off coupon, I purchased heavy duty carpet cleaner. After cleaning a couple of the worst areas, the carpet looks brand new. Seriously. The doggie stains are completely gone. Now I'm smiling when I look at the floor. The carpet cleaner was a big investment, but a small one compared to installing new carpet.
5. Early morning views. I took this picture when I walked outside to get the newspaper. I just stood there for a few minutes admiring the Creator's creation.
If you would like to share your favorites from the past week, you can link up here.