I've had a good week, in spite of being a bit under the weather with a head cold. Some things I'm thankful for...
1. A girls' night out. The girls and I enjoyed watching the Imperial Symphony Orchestra perform. The guest pianist was a 19-year-old Julliard student and the son of a man who has judged some of the girls' piano competitions. This event has been on the calendar for a few months, but I didn't get advanced tickets because I wasn't sure whether or not we'd be able to go. Thankfully, the concert wasn't sold out. Students received free admission, so I was the only one who needed a ticket. I asked for the least expensive seat, which ended up being on the very front row in front of the stage. It wasn't the best view of the orchestra, but we were right up close to watch the pianist's hands as they flew across the keys playing Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 16. We had so much fun! Check out our view from the "cheap seats".
2. Giving my voice on election day. It's good to know that my vote counted, even if the national election didn't turn out to my liking. Thankfully, no matter what, God is still in control.
3. Good friends who are good encouragers. I received some uplifting emails and texts this week from a couple of my friends just when I needed a little pick-me-up.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. ~Proverbs 25:11
4. Hot apple cider. It's been a little bit chilly here (for me) this week, so I've been sipping hot apple cider throughout the day to warm me up and help sooth my sore throat. I found some packets of instant mix at AL*DI, and it's delicious!
5. Quiet. Just peace and quiet. Lovely!
If you would like to share your favorites from the past week, you can link up here
Labels: Favorite Things