Happy Labor Day!
Fall is just around the corner, and I'm so excited! It's my favorite season of the year. As soon as September rolls around I pull out my autumn decorations. Hopefully the weather will take note of the fact that the season is about to change. This past week we had over 5 inches of much needed rain. The shriveled up plants in the garden have been teased back to life. Yesterday we had a high temperature of 81 degrees. It was such a nice change from the low 100's we've been experiencing the last few weeks. Hopefully we're through with the scorching temperatures.
This morning I filled out and mailed our monthly homeschool attendence report, which is a requirement in our state. We've already completed four weeks of school.:) Even with taking last week off, I still feel ahead of the game. So far I'm very pleased with our decision to have year-around school. All of the children have been working so diligently on their lessons. The school portion of our day just seems to fly by.
This week I need to get caught up on some of my homekeeping tasks. In addition to my daily routine, here's my to-do list.
* Tackle a mile-high pile of ironing.
* Organize the little girls' room. It looks like a bomb went off in there.
* Print out new cards for the kids' ChorePacks.
* Put all of the suitcases in the attic.
* Host our monthly ladies' missionary fellowship at church.
* Write out birthday/anniversary cards for the month of September.
* Plan for Mr. C's upcoming birthday.
* Take a load of "stuff" to the local thrift store.
* Get my box of fall decorations from the attic and put the summer decorations away.
* Display my fall goodies. There's no way I'm waiting until September 23 to decorate for fall. :)
Looks like a busy week! I'm also gearing up for a new year of Patch the Pirate Club at our church. I received my box full of supplies over the weekend, and I'm looking forward to our children's program starting back up. I'll sure miss listening to Mr. C's Bible teaching on Wednesday nights. I'm planning on listening to a CD of the service while I do my weekly ironing. Multi-tasking is a good thing.
Since we just had a mini-vacation, we're still having school today in spite of the holiday. Perhaps we'll plan a picnic lunch in the garden if it's not too hot. I hope you all enjoy your day and have a wonderful, productive week!
Labels: Daily Life