Part of my early morning routine involves boiling a cup water in the microwave and making hot tea. Using a teapot would be much more charming, but I'm all for convenience. The little girls' room is right next to the kitchen, and if they heard a kettle whistling they would be out of their beds waaay to early.

One morning a couple of months ago I plopped my cup of water into the microwave and hit the beverage button. When I heard the "beep", I opened the microwave door and realized that the water was not hot. I assumed that I had set the timer by mistake, so I once again pushed the appropriate button and waited impatiently for the water to heat. Again, cold water... and a faint burning smell. Yep, my microwave bit the dust. Everything was working except the most important part: the element that actually emits the micro waves!

Did we have money in the budget to replace the microwave? Nope! It wasn't too hard to live without the microwave since my stove and oven work just fine. I did, however, miss the convenience of being able to reheat food quickly. I won't tell you how many times I took the wrapper off a bag of microwave popcorn and set the timer on the microwave and then had a DUH! moment and remembered the microwave was out of commission.

Well, the Lord must have had pity on me because He provided money for a new microwave. We were even blessed enough to find just the one I was wanting on sale. Mr. C installed it a few days ago, and we're thoroughly enjoying radiated food once again. This new little beauty has a lot of features the previous model didn't have, and I've also come to the conclusion that it has way to many buttons on it. I really like the programmable nite-lite and the "mute" mode. Now when I'm boiling my water in the early morning hours, I don't have to worry about waking up the kids with that dreadful "BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEP!" Just one problem: if I don't hear it go off, I completely forget about it.




ETA: Thank you all for your prayers on behalf of the sick little angels. They are all improving. Unfortunately, they shared their sick germs with Mommy and Daddy. :(

Labels:

http://riverbendramblings.blogspot.com
~Riverbend Ramblings~
The days are long, but the years are short.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Part of my early morning routine involves boiling a cup water in the microwave and making hot tea. Using a teapot would be much more charming, but I'm all for convenience. The little girls' room is right next to the kitchen, and if they heard a kettle whistling they would be out of their beds waaay to early.

One morning a couple of months ago I plopped my cup of water into the microwave and hit the beverage button. When I heard the "beep", I opened the microwave door and realized that the water was not hot. I assumed that I had set the timer by mistake, so I once again pushed the appropriate button and waited impatiently for the water to heat. Again, cold water... and a faint burning smell. Yep, my microwave bit the dust. Everything was working except the most important part: the element that actually emits the micro waves!

Did we have money in the budget to replace the microwave? Nope! It wasn't too hard to live without the microwave since my stove and oven work just fine. I did, however, miss the convenience of being able to reheat food quickly. I won't tell you how many times I took the wrapper off a bag of microwave popcorn and set the timer on the microwave and then had a DUH! moment and remembered the microwave was out of commission.

Well, the Lord must have had pity on me because He provided money for a new microwave. We were even blessed enough to find just the one I was wanting on sale. Mr. C installed it a few days ago, and we're thoroughly enjoying radiated food once again. This new little beauty has a lot of features the previous model didn't have, and I've also come to the conclusion that it has way to many buttons on it. I really like the programmable nite-lite and the "mute" mode. Now when I'm boiling my water in the early morning hours, I don't have to worry about waking up the kids with that dreadful "BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEP!" Just one problem: if I don't hear it go off, I completely forget about it.




ETA: Thank you all for your prayers on behalf of the sick little angels. They are all improving. Unfortunately, they shared their sick germs with Mommy and Daddy. :(

Labels:

14 Comments:
Blogger Kelli said...
What a wonderful blessing, Mrs. C! It looks so nice up there between your cupboards! I will say a prayer that mommy and daddy feel better soon! Gentle (((hugs))))
Kelli

Blogger Susan P. said...
Isn't it wonderful how the Lord provides for us? Your new microwave certainly looks "spiffy" in it's new home ~ I know you will even appreciate more your "quiet" tea time in the morning;o) Hope all those nasty germs leave your home soon!

Blogger Mrs. Darling said...
I came here from Mustard Seed. I do believe we have the same kitchen cabinets. They sure look like mine in this photo. Im going to poke around here for a bit. I love the name of your blog. Feel free to come on over and visit me. I'll make you some tea because my microwave works fine. :)

Blogger Christina said...
Isn't technology WONDERFUL and what a BLESSING!!!
Now for your cabinets... they look an awful like mine. The only difference that I see would bee the handle. Too cool!!!

Blogger Becky said...
Hey, love your new "baby". She looks just like mine. My favorite feature is the "popcorn" button. Perfect, everytime.

Blogger Mommy said...
I've been living without a microwave for almost five years I believe. Once ours broke, we never replaced it. We have gotten used to it, but I do agree, just once it would be nice to zap the food, and, presto, It's done! :)

Glad you were able to replace it. And upgrade it too. Enjoy. :)

Anonymous Alesha said...
Oh, no, Mrs. C. I hope ya'll are feeling better for the weekend!

Congrats on the new "zapper". :-) When I stayed home with Isaac, I was forever letting my coffee get cold, sticking it back in the microwave to re-heat, then get busy doing something else, forgetting about it, then opening the door to to fix my lunch, and finding my (cold again) coffee!!! LOL!

Hope you enjoy your new one.
Alesha
www.xanga.com/akconklin

Blogger Jennifer said...
Thank you for visiting my blog! I enjoyed browsing yours today, too. I love finding other gracious women, and surprises are so pleasant! Like a drop-in visitor, it brightens your day.
I look forward to returning when I have more time!
Jennifer

Blogger Jennifer said...
p.s.
I'm also in the Peach State! :)
Jennifer

We were without a microwave for years, then brought home my mother-in-love's when she passed away. It's a doozy of a model, with all sorts of buttons and gizmos....reheating tea, push the button....popcorn, what size bag? push the button! I think I'd be lost without it now! Enjoy your beautiful new microwave!

Blogger Karen said...
Oh, I'm sorry you got the colds, too. We've been passing junk around here for weeks on end, and it's getting a little old.
I really do like those over-the-stove microwaves. They are so convenient. What a blessing for you!

Blogger Mrs.B said...
I'm sorry you and you family haven't been feeling well.--I pray y'all are better soon!

And congratulations on the new microwave! It looks so nice in your kitchen. (o:

Because of Christ,
~Mrs.B

Blogger Arlene said...
Oh, that is exactly the type of microwave we're wanting to get... eventually, LOL. We received a small microwave as a wedding present, and it's still working, so... we won't be getting a new one anytime soon!

I hope all of you will be feeling better soon, Mrs. C!
*Hugs*

I am glad you can still get hot water at the touch of a button.Quiet even, what a blessing. I hope you get to feeling better along with the rest of your family. connie from Texas

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Links to this post:
Create a Link