Today our beloved Curly Girl is celebrating her 5th birthday. She's been counting down the days for over a month, and I can't begin to describe how excited she is about turning 5 years old.
Curly Girl is our third child and has her own special place in our family. Here are five things I wanted to share about our beloved Curly Girl.
1) As her nickname implies, she has very, very, very curly hair--strawberry blonde ringlets that bounce all of the time and have a mind of their own. She can't stand for anyone to comb those tresses out each morning, so I have to admit that some days it just doesn't get combed!
2) When Curly Girl gets excited she flutters her arms like a petite butterfly and smiles so big that her eyes disappear.
3) She has a Southern accent and a vocabulary all her own. We often wonder if there's anything in that pretty little head.
4) She knows how to whistle. One day a couple of months ago she walked up to me and said, "Hey, Mommy, I can whistle, see?", and she proceeded to whistle like she'd been doing it for years.
5) She is full of love and is one of the happiest children I know. She delights in the simple things in life. She enjoys catching lizards with her brother and playing dress-up with her sisters. She is a pixie princess.
And I love her. Lots. More than I have words to express.
Happy Birthday, Curly Girl!